I love creating beautiful software, games, and web applications. After working as a professional game developer for over two years, I shifted gears to software development. I love taking on new challenges, and learning exciting new technologies.
I have a passion for writing beautiful code, and creating intuitive and elegant designs. While I have a formal software development higher education, I am completely self-taught when it comes to all things web development. You can read about how I custom built this portfolio website here.
After work, a lot of my free time is spent on creating personal projects, usually while learning a new framework or language.
.NET Software Developer
- Worked as sole developer on integrating UBIK into a HoloLens application, using Unity. Worked in close cooperation with product management and sales to quickly iterate and prototype various features.
- Implemented video chat into the UBIK UWP app, using Microsoft's WebRTC for UWP library, including signaling server running on NodeJS.
- Implemented various customer feature requests into UBIK UWP and HoloLens apps.
Force Field, Amsterdam
Was hired after internship, and worked on various projects, most notably Landfall:
- Implemented general gameplay systems in C++.
- Implemented the entirety of the character ability system. Created a modular system to allow game designers and artists to create complex unique abilities, without developer support.
After 9 months of work on Landfall, moved on to Term1nal:
- Implemented UI and general systems behind creation and gameplay of the puzzles. Programmed in C#, using Unity.
- Developed a networked multiplayer game prototype for the HTC Vive using Unreal Engine 4.
Game Programmer Internship
Vanguard Games, Amsterdam
Worked on 2 mobile game projects during a 5 month internship:
- Implemented various gameplay features and improvements using the in-house cross-platform C++ game engine.
- Created tools using C# (WinForms) to improve the design and art workflow within this engine’s custom editor.
- Created a large amount of the Term1nal's UI using Unity.